Sunday, April 27, 2008

Y'KNOW?




Tonight, I witnessed the most beautiful sound as about 100 youth and kids raised their voices and hands to praise God. After the event, we posed the kids to get this picture.
Tonight started with a band of high school
age youth playing a harder version of some
songs, followed by the sweet sound of a
cherub choir. Almost exact opposite sounds, as the cherub choir is made of pre-K and kindergarten age children. Here is Puppy Dog having a great time acting like different animals as they praise the Lord. I think this was a bear. After a small scenery change, the rest of the youth came on to show the adults how praising is done. They sang, they danced, and they had a lot of fun!
Kitty Kat recited all of Psalm 150. (This was the program she was preparing for in the previous post.) Froggie , Birdie, and Monkey pleased all while they danced to the music. Even when they were "supposed" to be standing still. Afterwards, all were invited to gather over cookies and just have fun. If you haven't figured it out yet, "Y'KNOW" stands for "Youth and Kids Night Of Worship".

(This is kind of an awkward way to end this post, but I hope to get better as I post more.)

3 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

I love listening to the fresh voices of youth choirs. Its so inspiring!

Damama T said...

What a wonderful way to get them not only involved but enthused about having a personal relationship with God. I when I see youth leaders only emphasizing the rules and regs portion of faith. It's just so much MORE than that. How great is it that you have such smart leaders!

How much GREATER that your kids are just so darn cute! Wish I could have been there to see it for myself. xoxoxo

Brandi said...

Ahhh! I looked at the pictures and I now have the cherub choir's song "Thank You, Lord" going through my head! It's not bad to have a praise song going through my head, but the monkeys, bears, and alligators might just drive me to the mad house. lol.

I'm going to have to put on some different praise music in a while.