Thursday, May 22, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Things are pretty busy around here. We've been working on the bathroom, end of year schooling, ball, and cleaning.

We're having family over for a cookout Memorial Day. Not everyone can come, so there will only be about nine extra people over for a total of seventeen people (eighteen if my brother shows up). We now have the bathroom in working order. It's not totally finished, but we can focus more on getting the rest of the house and yard ready now.

I'm trying to get us finished up with school for the year. I have some light schooling in the works for summer, but I need to get this year finished, write up reports about Froggie and Birdie, and schedule evaluations for the girls. I also have a lot of planning for next year to do.

Kitty Kat, Birdie, and Monkey all have ball practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This past Tuesday, Jon's team had a bye (sp?) so he was able to take Monkey to her 5:30pm practice on one side of town. Meanwhile, I took Kitty Kat and Birdie to their 5:00pm practice across town. Jon took the boys with him and I took Froggie with me. The kids who are with me and don't have ball practice with a team play catch with me for at least half an hour. While Monkey was practicing, Jon took a walk with the boys to order our donuts for our parade breakfast Monday.

I still have a lot of cleaning to do to be ready for company. Hopefully, I can get it all done. It's usually two steps forward and one to six steps back when it comes to cleaning around here. I have to find a way to get everyone to work with me instead of against me. lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon decided we should take our moms to Frisch's Big Boy for Mother's day this year. We took two vehicles to church so I could go ahead of everyone and put in our request for eleven (us + Jon's mom and my parents). I got to Jon's car and there was a card propped on his steering wheel for me. Jon rounded up the kids and we all met at the restaurant.

The whole week before Mother's Day the kids (especially Baby Bear) had trouble keeping a secret about a gift Monkey was planning for me. I tried not to hear them and was surprised by her gift when she gave it to me. She gave me a little bag that came with a bath set for her birthday and two golf balls she had found at the park. Wasn't that sweet? Kitty Kat gave me a homemade card and had cards for both grandmas as well.

After we were most of the way done eating, I came back from the ladies room and the waitresses came around from behind me. I didn't see or hear them until they were beside my seat and that was startling. But the real surprise was when they set down an almond cheesecake in our springform pan. I had requested that Jon make one for me, but I thought he was going to make it that afternoon. The kids never let on that he made it ahead of time. Not one child leaked a hint! I was so surprised that I got light headed and almost fainted!

I was going to let Jon post about this, but he hasn't had the time. Perhaps he will post later about how he pulled off the surprise (hint, hint, hint).

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Brandi,
I left a comment on your post about "the crash". I hope all is well again.
I feel your pain about the bathroom re-do. We went through that a few years back. UGH.
Hope you have a lovely holiday weekend. Blessings, EJT

Damama T said...

What a wonderful Mother's day! I love that Jon pulled off the surprise and that the kids took the time and effort to do something personal for you.

Good luck getting everything ready. Can't wait for pics of the finished bathroom.

Anonymous said...

She was so surprized that her dad thought she was going to pass out!!

Her MOM

P.S. We had a wonderful time together!!!

Brandi said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I hope you have a good weekend too.

-----------------------------------

Thanks Damama. We still have some small items left to take care of and then we'll probably get some pics posted.

Jon posted about making the cheesecake.
-----------------------------------

Mom,

I'm glad you could join us. I thought I was going to pass out! That would have been embarrassing!

Anonymous said...

In case mom didn't tell you yet, I am planning on coming for Memorial Day after all.