Sunday, July 13, 2008

Define "gathering"

At the end of Camping '08, Part III, Brandi mentioned a "gathering of the Owings family." I just wanted to clarify what an ordeal one of these events can become.
I am the middle child of five siblings, all of whom are married. Three of my siblings have four children each, the fourth (as of now) has none, and we have six. When you include Mom, we total TWENTY-NINE! To some (including Brandi and myself) this may seem small, but to most of the people I usually interact with this seems enormous.
As summer winds down, we are planning the next gathering. We have a lot of birthdays /anniversaries in August and we have to get a place big enough to have one BIG party. ; )


(This party will probably include friends of the kids and Brandi's family as well, making the number somewhere close to forty or forty-five.)

5 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

We are plannning a 50th wedding anniversary for my parents. We are planning a reunion and overnight stay lasting three days. The fighting and disagreements are incredible. With just my siblings and our kids we total 82! I dont think we will ever come to a meeting of the minds. Its sad.

Anonymous said...

don't forget I'll be having my cookout labor day.. (or that weekend anyway)

MyKidsMom said...

I think it would be wonderful to have all that family gathered together, in spite of the different personalities and such. I know my kids absolutely love getting together with their cousins.

Damama T said...

What a wonderful gift you guys are giving the kids. They will grow up knowing their families and they will have lots of memories to share. Wish we were all so lucky.

Give Brandi a hug for me, would ya, please. xoxoxo

Damama T said...

OH! I forgot - I have a prize for Brandi over at my blog. Come pick it up when you get a chance! xoxoxo