Saturday, September 12, 2009

Poor Lily

Lily

We decided to air out the house yesterday, so we opened up the front and back doors. We kept a close eye on the cats to make sure that they didn't venture out. Our cats are indoor cats and have not been vaccinated for some of the ailments they could contract if they come in contact with outdoor cats. We did really well until later in the evening. The cats had been so good that we quit checking on them. Then, we went to bed.

Apparently, no one checked to be sure the cats were accounted for. This morning when I let the dogs out, an animal started fussing. At first, I thought it was the puppy from across the street. However, the longer the animal fussed, the more cat-like it sounded. Birdie walked up behind me and said, "I hear Lily". I told her that I knew it sounded like Lily, but I thought Lily was inside. I brought the dogs back inside (they were dawdling), and I kept asking everyone to keep an eye out for Lily. Finally, I started calling the cats. Midnight, one of the dogs, about went crazy wanting me to go out back. I went to our back entryway and sure enough, there was Lily at the door crying to be let in.

Midnight

Lily was a little cold and a little scared, but she seems alright. Tiger, our other cat, is not pleased. He has been hissing and growling at Lily all day. He has even started to hiss and growl at us, if we pick him up or pet him. Lily must not smell right. Seriously though, I wonder how long this will last? Tiger is usually our laid back kitty.

Tiger

*Our other dog, Maggie, did NOT want her picture taken. She is a bit shy and kept cowering away from the camera.

**Oh yeah, yesterday, Kitty Kat found our camera under a china cabinet of all places.

+ Kitty Kat had the idea to rub a towel over Lily and then over Tiger. Unfortunately, it didn't work. So, I gave the cats a bath. Hopefully, that will do the trick.

4 comments:

The Watts Family said...

Oh poor Lily glad she is ok! ~Blessings Heather

Brandi said...

Thanks, Heather.

The cats seem to be back to normal now.

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

I'm so glad that your cat is ok. I just found your blog and wanted to say hi. I'm following you now.

Brandi said...

Thanks.

Everything is now pretty much back to normal between the two cats. However, Lily cries to be let out now. There are so many stray cats around here that I'm sure she had a blast when she wasn't cold and scared.