Get ready to do the happy dance! If you can't dance, then just give a happy shout with us.
J.'s workplace is in the middle of a new shift bid. He is done with his bidding. They got ahead of schedule, so they called him and there was a really great slot still available. Get this:
1. First Shift -- I won't have to keep the kids quiet while he is sleeping during the day!
2. He has someone under him in seniority, so he won't have last pick of work packets.
3. While he will now have to work five days a week, his workdays (aside from overtime) will only be for eight hours. That means more of his off time can be spent with us instead of sleeping.
4. He has Sundays and Mondays off. He'll still be able to go to church on Sundays. He'll be able to play on the Monday night church softball league. These two days off are two he had off on the last bid, so we won't have to get used to new days off.
5. We can have school while J. is at work, and be out of school by the time he gets home.
6. Our meal times can be more "normal" which will help me with regulating my blood sugars.
7. Since we'll be getting up earlier in the mornings, it will be easier to get up and out the door on Sunday mornings.
8. I'll be able to sleep at a decent time, which will allow me to get up before the kids instead dragging myself out of bed because the kids got up with the sun.
9. Speaking of the sun, we'll all get more.
10. He was also able to get a good week off for vacation!