Saturday, March 27, 2010

Menu Plan

I don's always make a menu plan. When I do make a plan, I don't always make it meal-by-meal and day-by-day specific. If I specify too much, I end up changing things around anyway. Some days just don't go as planned. Other days, I'm just not in the mood to make a particular food or I want to make another. So basically, this is a list of my options for the next week or two.

Breakfasts

cold cereal and milk
pancakes
oatmeal
muffins
omelets
toast
yogurt
orange juice

Lunches/Suppers

Proteins:

pork chops, hamburger, chicken (various kinds), smoked sausage, fish, tuna salad, egg salad, boiled eggs, peanut butter, walnuts, dry beans, lentils

Dairy:

milk, yogurt, cheese (various kinds), ice cream [I also get other foods that have Calcium. There is some lactose intolerance in our home.]

Vegetables:

frozen - broccoli; corn; French style green beans; peas; peas and carrots; broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots in cheese sauce; carrots; stir-fry veggies; and three pepper and onion blend

carrots, potatoes, green cabbage, purple cabbage, lettuce, salad mix, canned tomatoes, chili ready canned tomatoes, Rotel, onions, tomato paste, spaghetti sauce

Fruits:

raisins, Cuties (Mandarin oranges), canned Mandarin orange sections, pineapple, chopped dates, applesauce, apples, tomato juice, frozen peaches and blackberries (I might save these last two until Jon gets home and make a pie and cobbler.)

Grains:

various pastas, Hamburger Helper, brown rice, white rice, popcorn, white and whole wheat flour, flour tortillas, bread, corn muffin mix, barley

Snacks and Desserts:

I have plenty of items for this category, but I won't list them now.

Today's Meals

breakfast: cold cereal with milk

snack: kids - yogurt tubes, me - yogurt cup with All-Bran Bran Buds (sample from the mail)

lunch: peanut butter and jelly, carrot sticks, applesauce, tea

supper: tacos and/or taco salad, chips and salsa, tea

No comments: