Thursday, January 17, 2008

The End.

Tonight we finished the last of the Little House on the Prairie books. The girls were sad that the series had come to an end. Monkey was teary eyed when she told me she was sad that we were done. I Googled Mansfield, Missouri and found the site for the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home Association (http://www.lauraingallswilderhome.com/index.html). There is a section for children that has some word searches and quizzes based on the books, so I may surprise the kids with some.

If the kids (and maybe their mom) get their way, our next big vacation might include a stop in Mansfield, Missouri. Of course it will probably be a long, long time before we can afford to take a big vacation. Meanwhile, we'll have to be content exploring through the internet.


Now, I have to figure out what to use for our bedtime stories. I think it's probably time to use some books geared to younger children. Hmm . . . I'll be reading two or three books instead of two or three chapters.

2 comments:

Damama T said...

I think it's so great that you read with them instead of just handing the older ones a book to read alone. Good job Mom!

Brandi said...

I don't have to hand any of the kids a book. I'm more likely to have to take one away so they'll do their chores. We provide a ton of books and the kids have acquired our love of reading. J. and I are both avid readers. So, we read to them and they read on their own. We of course try to read everything they read, either before they read it as they are reading it.