Monday, March 3, 2008

Today was beautiful!

I had an appointment this morning and I got to go on my own (J. was home with the kids). I came out of my appointment to go home and it was so nice out I couldn't help but get excited. Some kids were out at recess at a nearby school, and I was reminded that I had been talking about taking the kids to a park as soon as it was nice out. The boys especially needed to go somewhere that they could climb without getting into trouble.

I got home and the kids are excited. Daddy was up to something. I went into our room where J. was and found him packing up our swimsuits and beach towels. He was feeling the urge to get out of the house and get some exercise, as well. I let him know my park idea, he let me know his YMCA idea, and we decided to try to do both.

We went to a park and let the kids run, climb, swing, and get as loud as they wanted. We had one main rule. They couldn't play on the Cinderella carriage. The carriage is in a sandy area and the sand was wet. We didn't want the muddy sand in our van or all over the kids before going to the Y. After we had been there for a while, three of the kids wandered over to the carriage and we had to call them over and remind them of the rule. The kids handled it well. Then, J. called over the rest of the kids and started a game of "I Spy -- Race". J. told the kids that he spied such and such and that the first person to touch it would get a prize. The kids had a blast with this game. The first prize was a kiss and Kitty Kat got it. She had to pass the kiss back to Daddy when he solved her "I Spy". The prize changed any time Dad or Mom "spied". They could only spy within the play area and after the first warning, Mom took over a "spy" if anyone picked something outside the designated area. After prizes of being tickled, flipped by Daddy, and double flipped by Daddy, everyone was worn out.

We had lunch and then it was evident that naps were needed, so we had story time and naps. We didn't make it to the Y, but our things are in the van ready for the first chance we get.

The boys' hair was getting pretty long, so we decided it was time for a buzz. J. worked on clipping the boys' hair while I fixed dinner. Puppy Dog was amazed when he saw a boy with a tall mohawk the other day at Wal-mart. J. decided to have a little fun and left the boys with mohawks. He tried to get their hair to stick up, but their hair didn't cooperate. We took these pictures during supper:

Puppy Dog
Baby Bear
Baby BearPuppy Dog

We will finish their hair cuts before church Wednesday.


Anonymous said...

that's awesome! tell them they look rockin! lol

You should leave it that way for a week or two, if nothing else, just to see the reaction :)

Glad to hear you got out in the weather today, I couldn't believe how warm it was! I ended up picking weeds in my driveway... woohoo! lol

Brandi said...


I told them.

J.'s mom gave me a directive to do a scrapbook page for each child and give it to her this year. Do you think it would be too ornery of me if I make the sprapbook pages of the boys with these pictures?

You weeded your driveway and were still up that late? I hope you're not feeling too sore today.

weavermom said...

Sounds like a fun day! Love the haircuts - LOL! :)

Damama T said...

What a great way to spend the day together! Sounds like you had as much fun as the kids did.

regarding the scrapbook page - GO FOR IT! They will hate it as teenagers, but their wives will love you for it in years to come. LOL! xoxoxo

Brandi said...

The future wives may love it, but I'd be in pretty big trouble with my mil.