Monday, March 30, 2009

Feeding a Family of Eight Part V

Today we had banana oatmeal for breakfast. I was going to make muffins with the leftovers, but when I went to start that I realized that I had left the burner on low. I let the kids have seconds.

I didn't get our lunch started in time for Jon to eat with us. He took leftover vegetable beef stew, yogurt, Cheez-its, and I don't know what else for lunch. He packed his own lunch today. He picked up a sub on the way to work. He has been buying a few food items with his spending money, so I'll have to add that into our food totals. He didn't eat the bun or rolls that were in yesterday's lunch. I may be making bread pudding soon.

The kids and I had chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole; salad; and milk for lunch. Little Bear decided he was too tired to eat lunch. He went to the couch and took a three to four hour nap!

Supper was tuna and egg salad sandwiches with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. Little Bear got up right as we were getting ready to fix supper. He ate most of his lunch and most of his supper, while the rest of us fixed and ate supper.

We have a lot of running to do tomorrow, so I'm going to have to come up with some quick on the go meals and snacks.

5 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Sounds like good eating over there. And goodness, ya gotta love when a kid takes a 3 hour nap!

Brandi said...

Thanks, Mrs. Darling!

Little Bear used to take a three hour nap every day. That is until this last year. Now there are days when he doesn't take a nap at all. Not that he doesn't need one, he just doesn't take one. Now I'm blessed if he takes a fifteen minute nap. Our schedule has been less than regular lately. That just might have something to do with him being so tired.

Speaking of which, I have three children who I need to go wake. It's 8:46 and the boys and Kitty Kat aren't up yet. I heard rumors of Kitty Kat reading into the night...

MyKidsMom said...

Wow, none of my kids ever napped like that, unless they were sick. I only dreamed of it happening;)

I have one (my 11 year old) who loves to read late into the night. I've actually had to ground him for it. But I also remind myself of all the parents who wish their kids would like to read.

Brandi said...

MyKidsMom,

Thanks for stopping by!

My boys were/are pretty good about taking naps. The girls were another story!

It is troubling to have to ground them for reading! My 12yo is grounded from two series of books right now. She was reading them when she wasn't supposed to be. At least I know that it won't damper her desire to read!

Damama T said...

NOT commenting... tummy growling to loud for me to be able to think! ;o)