Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm Beat

After an abbreviated night of sleep, I got up and made monkey bread. We had the monkey bread and milk for breakfast.

When we got home from church I fixed spaghetti with meat sauce and Parmesan cheese, green beans with onions, and rolls. We had water to drink. Jon took a nap before going to work. He didn't eat with us, so I packed his up for him to take with him. He also took the leftover Sloppy Joe and bun, the rest of the egg salad, two rolls, pineapple rings, yogurt, pop, and Cheez-its.

The kids and I went back to church for an extra 4:00pm children's choir practice. Since we got there a little early, we stayed in the van for a little while and I read to the kids. I carried a sleeping Little Bear into the church. I left him in the charge of his older sisters while the three choir kids and I went in search of their practice. We ended up just reading in the foyer and visiting with those who passed by. The kids and I snacked on the fruit chews I brought with us. There are only supposed to be six packs in a box, but when I was done passing them out to the six children there was one left. While we were in the foyer one of the choir directors came by and we found out that there hadn't been enough interest in the extra practice, so it was never actually scheduled.

Monkey went to her ensemble practice, some of us stayed to watch the practice, and the older girls walked around the church with two of their cousins. After the ensemble practice, I signed all the younger children into their classes and then made sure that the older girls made it to their small group. I then went into the sanctuary and read while listening to the adult choir practice.

After church we came home and I made pepperoni and pineapple pizzas for our supper. We had water to drink.

The children are all in bed, but they're not all asleep yet.

I really want to go to bed, but I have some things I have to take care of before I can.

3 comments:

tmbmt said...

Spaghetti with meat sauce and Parmesan cheese, green beans with onions, and rolls... he also took the leftover Sloppy Joe and bun, the rest of the egg salad, two rolls, pineapple rings, yogurt, pop, and Cheez-its.

Jon hungry much? :D

That monkey bread stuff is good! I'm gonna have to learn to make it sometime (not that I need the extra calories).

Brandi said...

Oops! I guess I mentioned the rolls twice.

There really wasn't that much there, just a little of this and a little of that. He is hungry though. He is back to picking this bid. He has had to take his belt in several notches already.

Our monkey bread this morning was simple. Canned biscuits, cinnamon sugar, and butter/margarine.

Damama T said...

My mom use to make monkey bread like that. I miss it. think I'll teach MG how to make it, too. Thanks for the reminder.