Saturday, December 15, 2007

Did You Know . . .

that I have silly girls?

The four girls had choir practice this morning. They all did really well following directions and listening to their leaders. Then, when practice was almost over, I noticed Birdie* (who was in the front row) reach into her pocket, pull something out, and start messing with it. (Birdie is like I was and always has something in her pockets.) I notice that her hand is going back to her pocket, so I bide my time and watch to see if she will put whatever it is away. The children's directors don't seem to notice that she isn't standing with her arms down to her sides like she is supposed to. She did put it away, but then she took it right back out, took the cap off (at this point I realize she had a Chapstick), applied it to her lips, recapped it, and put it back in her pocket. I was not close enough to her to actually see what she had but I was able to interpret her actions. I couldn't for the life of me figure out where she got the Chapstick from. Then, as I watched her repeat the process, I realized she didn't have a Chapstick. She was only pretending she had a Chapstick. I motioned for her to put it away and put her arms to her sides and she grinned at me and complied.

When the kids were dismissed from practice, the girls came over to where I was. Birdie came over and I said, "You know, you're not supposed to put on your Chapstick on during choir practice." Birdie giggled. I then put some of my lip balm (which was warm in my pocket) on each girl's lips. I figured they must need it if Birdie was pretending to use some.

*I named Birdie with her permission.

1 comment:

Damama T said...

Imitation is the best form of flattery, so they say.

And, I think it's so great that you respect their right to privacy by not naming names without permission. Keep up the good work, Mom!