Sunday, November 4, 2007

Are we having Thanksgiving early?

That is the question my children asked me Friday when I served them a big turkey dinner. We had turkey, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, homemade rolls, and iced tea. Our turkey was twenty pounds, so we have lots of good leftovers. We have had four meals out of it and haven't even started the dark meat yet. We still have some white meat left. I plan on making some casseroles and soups out of the dark meat. I will probably freeze some to use later. Tomorrow, I plan to make stock from the carcass. I think I'll stock up on turkey while they are priced right during the holidays. That way, we can have many cheap meals. I will have to be careful when choosing the birds though, a twenty pound turkey barely fits in my biggest roaster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all's I wanna know is... why wasn't *I* invited?!?

j/k... wouldn't have spent the gas money... sweet potatoes sound awefully good right now though! lol

call me when you get a chance, have some good news (I think)