Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sick Children and Pita Pockets

I can always tell when my kids are getting sick. That is, if I read the big neon flashing sign. For some reason I don't always realize what is going on at first. The kids usually don't realize what is going on either. They get short tempered, fussy, uncooperative, and overly sensitive. Several of the kids showed these signs this week, and Jon and I were actually monitoring them this time. Today, one child proclaimed she wasn't feeling well and ended up having a 100 degree temperature. I gave her some medicine and she seemed to feel better after a while. However, I kept everyone home from church to rest. The kiddos also got treated to an early bedtime.

I was going to pick up pita pockets for tomorrow's BBQ pork after church this evening. Needless to say, I did not get to the store. I once found a recipe for homemade pita pockets. I might just try to make them myself. If I do, I'll post about the experience.

No comments: